Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aloha Winter. Aloha Spring



I'm sorry to see Winter go. What does that mean in Southern California? We need more rain, we need more adverse weather! We're spoiled. When it comes to adverse weather we're soft. Drizzle calls for "Storm Watch" on the news and we're treated to camera shots of water going down a storm drain.

Californians are fickle when it comes to weather. When it's hot people complain and moan for cooler temps and moisture. When we have a cold snap... the opposite.

Here's to a So-Cal Spring cold snap snafu to throw everything out of whack!

Monday -
Rest

Tuesday -

Aqua-jogged 1 hour.
Legs were a bit trashed from the weekend so I exercised PATIENCE and
hopped in the pool. Three showers later and the chlorine still rose from
the skin. I'm still itching like a dog in a flea circus!

Wednesday -

8 miles total - Split up into an AM Run and a PM run. The morning run
felt good. My legs were heavy during the PM run.

Thursday -

Time for some uphill and downhill. Echo Mountain once again for 5.4 miles. Hazey and sticky late afternoon. I always feel better after a run than before.

Spring has sprung! The grasses are growing, the
wild mustard is flowing and the blossoms are growing!

Today I was heading down the trail when I almost blew out my ankle. My mind was on what I would do after the run. I was thinking about buying gum of all things. It was then...when my LD 50 dreams almost snapped.

My mind drifts when running. I thought of pizza, Anne Frank, the LD50, The Van Morrison remasters, burritos, counting lizards and other random thoughts that I don't recollect.

Watch out for the rocks!

George Sheehan the running philosopher has a great quote that says something like "running cleanses the soul better than any shower can reach".

Friday will be a rest day for a big training weekend ahead

No comments: