Friday, April 17, 2009

Twas The Night Before LD50......

I kind of feel like I did when I was a kid on Christmas Eve. I am nervous, but it's more of an excited nervousness as opposed to fear based anxiety.

All of my gear is packed and an in the car save for a few early morning essentials. I'll be up around 3AM and out the door around 3:30AM. I expect to arrive at the Lake Hughes Community Center at 5AM in order to have plenty of time to pick up my race packet and get situated.

Not Running Drugs Here, Hammer Perpetuem Endurance Drink Powder and Supplements:


I've been rehearsing scenarios of things that can go wrong and how I will react. One tool I have is a pace band which I'll wear around my wrist. On it are some key words to remind me why I'm doing this. One word on there is "smile". I figure if I can muster a smile when I hit a bad patch that's good. It'll remind me that this isn't life or death as well as relax me. What do they say.... it takes more energy to frown? So I'll try to relax and smile.

Anyhow I appreciate all the support and well wishes I've received. Uncharted territory ahead! Send some good mojo my way!

Happy Trails,

Kiley

No comments: