Friday, December 12, 2008

It Is Not By The Wind Alone That The Thistle Travels Part II



"Thistle is the common name of a group of flowering plants characterised by leaves with sharp prickles on the margins, mostly in the plant family Asteraceae. Prickles often occur all over the plant - on surfaces such as those of the stem and flat parts of leaves."

Plants spread their seeds in many different ways. The wind may blow a plant's seed to it's new home or a dog may catch a seed on his fur and deposit it 20 yards away. A bird or other animal may eat the seed and "deposit" it miles away the next day.

"It Is Not By The Wind Alone That The Thistle Travels". Running 50 miles and raising $5000 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is something I do not want to do alone. I need your support and positive vibes to help me reach my goals. Be the wind, the dog, or the bird.

I have faith in my training program. Put all the pieces together and I'll cross the finish line on April 18th.





No comments: