Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Renegade 3 Mile Trail Race





Sunday (4-22-07)I ran my first race since October of 2006. A three mile trail race (The Renegade 3 Mile Trail Challenge / Bonelli Park, CA)is a far way from a marathon, but my foray back into racing was a tough experience despite the short distance. Since that marathon in October 2006 I've managed to put on about 15 lbs. and my running has suffered because of it. Despite the extra girth I managed to place 3rd in my age group and came home with a pint glass as my reward. It was a small field.

The race (which ran in conjunction with a triathalon) began and the trail quickly ascended a long ridge. The course featured numerous climbs and some technical downhill single track sections. They were technical to me at least. I was sucking wind from start to finish and crossed the line with a time of 34:28.

In all this race was a nice jumping off point for my series of races honoring those we've lost from cancer and those who continue to fight. I'm looking forward to the challenge of my upcoming races and the training associated with them. I've got a ways to go, but I've started. For that I feel pretty good. It was a good day!

2 comments:

Sarah Presley said...

Congrats Kiley!!!!

Unknown said...

3 miles? looks like your struggling brother! Keep it up! Strength, passion, courage and determination... 100miler is in your future!!!