Monday, July 13, 2009

Ankles, calves ... oh the humanity

I'm giving it my best shot to get in my training yet this weekend I again pulled up lame. I figured I'd run into my Team in Training practice to get in some extra mileage and then run with the Team. The plan was for 18 miles on Saturday and a tough 20 on the Mt. D course on Sunday.

I ran a grand total of three miles for the weekend. Somehow I managed to tweak my calf muscle to the point where running was painful. More aquajogging and questions in my mind as to whether I can complete 50 miles in less than a month. I think I can get physically well to attempt this, but will I be trained sufficiently. I've only done one ultra, but I suspect you can't fake your way to a finish of this distance.


1 comment:

JP Mac said...

Hang in there, Kiley.