Saturday, May 02, 2009

LD50 Residue

LD50 Residue:

Official Results are in.

http://www.leonadivide.com/2009_results.pdf

Below I broke down my splits from aid station to aid station:



Aid#0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 Finish
Mile 8.5 12.9 18.7 24.5 28 32 35.5 38.6 42.6 46.1 50

Mile Btwn 8.5 4.4 5.8 5.8 3.5 4 3.5 3.1 4 3.7 3.9
Gun
Time 1:25 2:29 3:44 5:08 5:52 7:31 8:35 9:25 10:21 11:19 12:04


Between Aid 0&1 1&2 2&3 3&4 4&5 5&6 6&7 7&8 8&9 9 - fin
T Between 1:25 1:04 1:15 1:24 0:44 1:39 1:04 0:50 0:56 0:58
Aid

Pace 10 14:32 12:55 14:28 12:34 24:45 18:17 16:07 14:00 11:32

You can see where the wheels came off (the climb out of aid #5) and you can see where I started to put them back on. I'm suprised that the split between aid 8 and 9was as slow as it was. I thought I was moving faster than that. Perhaps the time indicated is when the runner pulls out of the aid station.... not sure. I'm pleasantly surprised that my split from aid 9 to the finish was as fast as it was. If these splits are correct it looks like maybe I went out a bit fast for my first 50miler. I was feeling good though...

I was able to go out and run for the first time since the LD50 today. Up until today my left shin was pretty sore. A visit to Doctor Smith's confirmed that it was a strain caused by overuse and not a stress fracture as I feared.

Here's another runner's look at the LD50:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvJ6H8xEqE

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJL_CPHggyg


Happy Trails,

Kiley

1 comment:

JP Mac said...

Once again, great job, Kiley.

A mere marathon should feel like a child's race.